Senior Business Development Manager Location: Flexible WFH, based in San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Overview An innovative organization in the biotechnology sector is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to enhance its sales efforts in the Northern California region. This role focuses on leveraging cutting-edge discovery services and requires a candidate with a strong background in life sciences and business acumen.
- Lead and execute sales strategies within the assigned territory, emphasizing on discovery services in the biopharmaceutical sector.
- Engage in comprehensive opportunity assessment, including financial analysis, due diligence, and contract negotiations.
- Develop and implement client outreach programs to highlight the organization's unique service offerings and competitive edge.
- Adopt a consultative approach to maintain client trust and secure contracts.
- Provide expert insights into scientific aspects of transactions, collaborating closely with internal teams for project proposals.
- Align the organization's services and products with client research needs, staying informed about client and industry developments.
- Maintain proficiency in the organization's service offerings through regular training and mentor junior team members.
- Collaborate with the Sales Leadership and technical teams to secure business and develop territory-specific strategies.
- Share market intelligence with Sales, Technical, and Marketing teams to drive business growth.
- Expand business network for new opportunities.
- Master's degree in life sciences or related fields; or Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years of relevant lab experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in sales, preferably in the biopharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the biopharmaceutical discovery market.
- Ability to thrive in international and diverse settings.
- Proficiency in managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated success in achieving sales targets.
- Strong forecasting, analytical, and time management skills.
- Team-oriented mindset.
Compensation $130,000 - $180,000 annually
Note: The ideal candidate should be based in or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area.