Senior Scientist Process development and Analytical Development
Location: Greater Boston area
Salary: $120,000- $145,000
A small clinical Stage Biotechnology firm in the greater Boston area is looking to hire a senior scientist to join their CMC Process Development team. This role will give expertise in supporting process development of scalable mRNA synthesis. They are looking for an energetic and highly motivated candidate who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. This opportunity allows quick career progression potential and a chance to work closely with the Process and Analytical development teams.
- Collaborating with a team to set up an mRNA production lab for scaling up mRNA production.
- Modify and Conduct experiments to achieve desired outcomes and develop SOPs.
- Work alongside the Drug Substance Analytical team to ensure robustness of process for scale up.
- Oversee machine maintenance and raw materials preparation regarding mRNA process development.
- Communicating research findings with related teams.
- Establishing process, release, and stability for mRNA therapeutics
- BA/BS in Chemical engineering or related field with 4-6+ years of industry experience OR PhD in Chemical engineering or related field with 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience in process development as well as biomacromolecules such as mRNA, proteins, or viral gene therapy.
- Strong background in biologics early and late-stage process development is highly preferred.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Familiarity with statistical software for manufacturing process analysis
- Experience working cross functionally with the Drug Product department is highly valued.