Title: Senior Research Associate (SRA) Upstream Process Development
A mid-sized immunotherapy biotechnology startup is currently seeking a driven, motivated, and enthusiastic Senior Research Associate to join their Upstream Process Development team as they develop their therapeutic pipeline. This position is located in Menlo Park, CA. You will play a key role in the development and execution of upstream processes for the company's various drug candidates.
The SRA will be responsible for:
- Helping to develop robust fermentation and/or cell culture processes for transfer to manufacturing facilities.
- Using bench top scale and bioreactors to produce recombinant protein and/or antibody expression in mammalian host systems.
- Aiding in the efficient scale-up of cell culture processes to ensure early and late-stage projects are progressing in the pipeline.
- Cross collaborating with the downstream process development group and the formulations group to ensure efficiency across the entire process development team.
- Working with shake flasks, bioreactors, cell cultures, and fermentations on a regular basis.
The SRA should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in one of the following or a related disciplines: Biology, Biochemistry or Chemical/Biochemical engineering
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in cell culture process development, fermentation process development, or manufacturing sciences
- Prior hands-on experience in process scale-up or large-scale bioreactor and/or cell culture equipment
- An overall go-getter mindset and ability to adapt in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits (100% company funded for vision, 90% company funded for health and dental)
- 401(k) plan with company match beginning January 2023!
- Potential for annual bonuses as well as pre-IPO stock options
- Commuter benefits in addition to generous paid holidays, gym access, and 100% paid parental leave
- Company contribution to health savings accounts (HSA) and monthly cell phone allowance
If you see yourself in this SRA Upstream Process Development role and are interested, then please don't wait to apply.