**Onsite Role in South SF, CA**
Job opportunity with a top Biotech/Pharmaceutical company that is looking for a Senior Research Associate, Cancer Biology to join their team on a 12-month contract with an opportunity for conversion or extension!
- A minimum of a B.S. degree in cancer/cell/molecular biology or related area with 2-3 years of experience in cancer biology or M.S degree with 1-2 years in cancer/cell/molecular biology or related area; biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry experience is a plus
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture using aseptic tissue culture techniques and cell-based assays to evaluate viability (siRNA/shRNA, small molecule compound screening), protein analysis (western blot), gene expression analysis (qRT-PCR) and other functional/molecular biology assays.
- Design research experiments and work independently to execute experiments
- Perform in vitro cellular assays to profile compounds, to enable mechanism of action studies for potential anti-cancer therapeutics and to validate new targets using genetic and pharmacological tools
- Generate engineered cell lines for screening assays
- Maintain and culture tumor and non-tumorigenic cell lines
- Analyze, interpret scientific data and build data decks in PowerPoint
- Troubleshoot assays to ensure high quality data
- Interface closely with scientists in the research group and project team to ensure efforts are aligned to the scientific project goals
- Health Insurance
Please apply here directly if interested but If you are genuinely not interested, is there someone you can recommend?