Job Title: Senior Research Associate - Microbiology
If you enjoy hands-on execution in the laboratory, are self-motivated and have strong leadership skills, keep reading!! The company uses their own innovate technology to provide faster, easier and more accurate diagnostic panel results. This leading biotech company is striving to save lives and improve healthcare by enabling clinicians to provide the correct therapies faster.
The Senior Research Associate will be responsible for:
- Design and construct integration vectors, relevant to assay and provide sequencing verification of production pathogens.
- Develop, refine, and execute batch records, SOPs and work instructions.
- Develop microbiological methods for titer level assignment and sample production as well as establish and execute processes for preparation of samples to support assay verification/validation activities.
The Senior Research Associate should have:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Microbiology or Molecular Biology.
- For B.S. candidates: 4-5 years of experience; for M.S. candidates, 1-2 years of experience.
- Demonstrate expertise in microbiology (background in synthetic biology is a plus).
- Must have sterile technique and microbial cell culture expertise.
- Familiarity with DNA sequence software (i.e., Benchling) and process development and generating standard operating procedures.
- Excellent organizational, record keeping and communication skills.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please don't hesitate to apply!