A global Pharmaceutical company is in search of a Senior Patent Counsel to join their legal team in their Intellectual Property (IP) Legal Group. The team is a group of open minded and collaborative individuals who are kind, intelligent, and self-motivated to help the company continue to deliver exceptional service to their customers. The Senior Patent Counsel will be able to join a high energy legal team and will be responsible for reviewing and negotiating the pharmaceutical intellectual property provisions in agreements and will also be drafting and prosecution global pharmaceutical patent portfolios.
The Senior Patent Counsel will be responsible for:
- Counseling the R&D team and other colleagues in regards of pharmaceutical patent portfolio and intellectual property legal concerns
- Drafting and prosecuting pharmaceutical patent applications
- Reviewing and assisting in the drafting of nondisclosure, research, license and other agreements involving the use, transfer, or ownership of pharmaceutical intellectual property
The Senior Patent Counsel should have the following qualifications:
- JD from an accredited law school
- 7+ years of experience in a law firm or in-house Legal Department in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology / life science industry, preferably working in intellectual property
- Extensive pharmaceutical R&D experience
- Registered before the USPTO
- Strong experience drafting and prosecuting pharmaceutical patent portfolio
The Pharmaceutical Company offers a full benefits package including health, life, dental, and vision along with a competitive 401K plan, equity packages and more. They offer flexible working hours, paid holidays and time off. If you are interested in becoming a part of something truly inspiring, this is an opportunity that you should hear more about.