Senior Metrology Scientist
An Innovative pharmaceutical company is currently seeking a Senior Metrology Scientist to join its rapidly expanding team. This newly created position will give you the ability to join a company with tremendous amounts of growth potential. If you are looking to expand your career in QC then don't hesitate to apply!
Job Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to provide analytical instrumentation support for laboratory equipment, calibrations, and software. This role will serve as a subject matter expert and provide technical support for analytical instrumentation in Technical Services and Quality Control.
- Manages calibration and software updates for analytical laboratory instrumentation as required and in accordance with timelines, schedules, and budget.
- Provides technical support for the evaluation of new equipment, software, and system upgrades.
- Responsible for review and recommendations of new analytical instruments in accordance with user requirements and design specifications.
- Develop, author, and execute laboratory instrument and software Installation and Operation Qualification Protocols and Reports.
- Implements and manages calibration schedule of laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Manages and communicates with laboratory management of third party service agreements for calibration and preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for training Technical Services and Quality Control personnel on new lab equipment and new software or updates, and procedural updates.
- Manages instrumentation calibration and preventative maintenance in accordance with SOP's, cGMP's, and industry standards.
- Must be able to analyze and review data and interpret results.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Required Education: BS, MS, or PhD in Chemistry or a related field from an accredited university.
- Experience: Prefer 4+ years with advanced degree, 5+ with BS degree; direct relevant experience in pharmaceutical analytical laboratory. Proficiency in analytical instrumentation and techniques such as HPLC-UV, HPLC ELSD, GC-FID, GC-TCD, GC-HS, Dissolution, UV-Vis, FTIR, KF, Viscometer, AA, Particle size, etc. Proficiency in chromatography software such as Empower.
- Specialized knowledge or training: Must have a pharmaceutical, cGMP, background with an FDA regulated laboratory. Familiar with USP, ICH, and VICH guidelines.
- Other Skills: Strong writing and documentation skills (protocols, reports, lab notebooks). Strong analytical, mechanical, and troubleshooting skills.