We have a current opportunity for a Senior Accountant on an initial 6-month contract basis with a high chance for conversion. The position will be based in San Diego, CA. For further information about this position please apply. We are only able to place candidates on a W2.
Performs a variety of accounting responsibilities while ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and company policies and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensures accuracy and compliance with GAAP, SOX and company policies and procedures.
* Maintains the integrity of financial systems.
* Prepares and maintains schedules calculating accruals, including research and development accruals.
* Performs reconciliations and analyses of certain General Ledger (GL) and bank accounts.
* Prepares and records journal entries.
* Prepares reports for internal reporting.
* Prepares schedules, reports and documentation for internal and external audits.
* Maintains the fixed asset ledger and depreciation, property tax returns and audit.
* Prepares income tax return schedules.
* Processes semi-monthly payroll and prepares various related reports including 401k and worker's compensation audits.
* Performs month-end close activities.
* Completes special projects as required.
Education, Education and Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
* Targeting 3 to 5 years of general accounting experience, preferably in pharmaceutical, biotech industry, or public accounting.
* Familiarity with manufacturing, cost accounting, public accounting, auditing, and payroll.
* Experience with GL module of ERP systems.
* Microsoft Great Plains preferred.
* An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.