Seeking a Research Associate III to join our Cell Culture Media development team in Rockville, MD. This person will have an important role in the development of next-generation cell culture medium for virus production. The skilled individuals are expected to design and execute virus media development projects, analyze data and troubleshoot problems in manufacturing and quality control for virus media.
- Contribute to the design and execution of experiments necessary to develop, re-develop, or optimize virus production in HEK293, Sf9, and other cell lines.
- Analyze data generated from experiments to develop, re-develop, or optimize virus media.
- Perform routine assays with high sample throughput including but not limited to virus quantification, cell counting, qPCR, flow cytometry, spent media analysis, and ELISA.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results.
- Perform cell culture, cell and virus banking, immunoassay, and virus quantification assay.
- Draft SOPs, writing reports, and present data in various formats.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing and QC issues associated with virus media.
- Assist with writing presentations for scientific meetings.
- Maintain stocks of lab supplies and perform lab housekeeping functions.
- Must ensure that corporate, quality, regulatory, and safety procedures/requirements are being observed and followed at all times.
- B.S. in Life Sciences or related discipline; M.S. is preferred.
- Hands on experience in the area(s) of Virology, Biology, Chemistry, statistical analysis, technical writing, laboratory equipment, aseptic technique, and small-scale bioreactors.
- Solid communication skills are needed to be able to share data and conclusions with scientific peers and others around the company.
- Time management and organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced team with outstanding multi-tasking skills are a must.
- Computer literate including, but not limited to, MS Office.