Quality Control Microbiologist II
- Location: Lancaster, SC
- Working Situation: Full-time, On-site
Our exciting client is looking to hire a Quality Control Microbiologist II professional to join a growing team!
- The Quality Control Microbiologist II reports to QC management and is responsible for performing release testing, reviewing and approving documentation, and becoming a subject matter expert in a specific area.
- The QCM II will submit samples to contract labs, document microbiological testing, and initiate investigation reports for out-of-specification laboratory data when necessary.
- The QCM II will perform validation testing, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and provide guidance for current and new microbiological processes.
- The QCM II will troubleshoot equipment and methods, provide input for improving existing SOPs and test methods, and assist in developing and executing test methods.
- The QCM II will maintain a safe working environment, train new laboratory personnel, and provide assistance to the QC Chemistry Laboratory.
- The QCM II will communicate effectively with other departments and function within a team environment, and regular attendance is required.
- The QCM II will provide EM sampling and interpretation of EM results, as well as assist in the validation of manufacturing processes and equipment through environmental sampling and microbiological testing.
- Performance of other duties may be required to meet company goals.
- BS degree in Microbiology or relate science or combination of experience and education
- 4 or more years of lab experience in a cGMP facility
- Experience with proper operation of laboratory instrumentation, troubleshooting, and working with SOPs