The Microbiology Supervisor will be in charge of a group of microbiologists working in a lab setting, and they are expected to be educated about every test carried out there. The Supervisor will also be asked to take on the role of study director for more complex or specialized studies and will be required to evaluate and approve important departmental papers like SOPs, protocols, and data forms. Along with participating in the hiring and training of new employees, they will also assist in organizing and structuring staff activities.
- Ensures implementation and maintenance of quality systems, including but not limited to, SOP writing, deviations, technical report review and employee training.
- Assume the role of technical lead for method and test validations in microbiology.
- Following instructions carefully; cooperating as a team member, team leader, and individual contributor.
- Develops new testing methods including validation of test methods.
- Interact as necessary with Regulatory Agency Inspectors and Auditors as well as Client Inspectors and Auditors.
- Trains staff on QC procedures
- When necessary, examines all batch records, deviations, and validation procedures.
- Conducts routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials, in process and finished formulations according to standard operating procedures when required.
- Oversees reports and investigations for environmental monitoring at the action level.
- Analyzes data and results and provides conclusions and proposals for future directions; capable of critical review.
- Bachelor's degree in a Life Sciences discipline
- 5 Years experience in a QC Lab
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience
- Experience in the application of microbiological techniques such as air monitoring, water testing , surface monitoring , genus and species identification of various microbes.
- Experience in aseptic techniques and clean room operations
- Experience with regulatory requirements (CFR, EP, JP, USP) and audits.