Laboratory Technician Needed for Rapidly Growing Diagnostics Company
Location: Greater Philadelphia Area
Salary: 40,000 - 50,000 + Competitive Benefits Package
A rapidly growing biotech company that specializes in developing point-of-care products for the treatment of a variety of debilitating diseases, primarily in the oncology space is looking to hire a Laboratory Technician. This biotech company has secured revenue through the development of an in-vitro diagnostics test for the qualitative detection and determination of IgG and IgM antibodies to the COVID-19 virus. This company is building this department from scratch and is willing to move quickly for the right candidate.
The company places a great deal of value on internal growth, and thus are looking for someone who wants to progress rapidly.
The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for:
- Performing laboratory tests including but not limited to ELISA tests and RT-PCR tests.
- Maintaining complete documentation for all steps of the processes as outlined in SOPs.
- Entering testing results into the laboratory information system
- Complying with established laboratory procedures and company policies
- Performing established quality assurance procedures and maintains appropriate documentation and reports irregularities to the supervisor
- Assisting in the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- S. or B.A. in relevant scientific area (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related)
- Strong writing skills
- Prior experience working with bio-samples (Serum/Plasma) is preferred
- Prior experience with clinical specimens is preferred
- Prior experience with the use of ELISAs or RT-PCR is preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment