Biopharmaceutical industry have a new role for a Head of Microbiology on a full-time permanent basis based in Basel, Switzerland.
In this role, Head of Microbiology will be expected to supervise and direct build- up, launching and routine execution of microbiology testing infrastructure and services for biologics, small molecules and peptide parenteral products for clinical and commercial products testing.
- Build-up, launch and execute sterility testing, bioburden, environmental monitoring, endotoxins and pyrogen testing as well as other microbiological studies according to customer demand
- Supervise the planning, installation and qualification of all instruments for Microbiology units in close alignment with current best practices and regulations
- Take care of the development and establishment of Microbiological testing procedures and technologies to support QC, including emerging (e.g. rapid testing) approaches
- Direct the development and establishment of Endotoxin and Pyrogen testing procedures and technologies to support QC
- Lead and manage a group of staff including lab heads and lab scientists.
- Ensure effective use of resources (time, personnel, equipment, material, rooms), maintenance of equipment, order and safety and health protection and following lab and safety instructions and guidance and all GMP regulations including support of audits and inspections.
- Enable and drive innovation and technical strategy projects, generate IP and contribute to scientific publications and conference talks, evaluate and implement of new methods or support customer projects. Good Performance in Change and issue Management.
Minimum Required Qualification Skills:
- PhD in Microbiology or Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field
- Some years working experience in Microbiological testing, preferably as lead / manager under GMP regulations
- Excellent working knowledge in all relevant analytical techniques and GMP
- Very good communication, supervisory, reporting and scientific skills
- Outstanding ability to interpret complex analytical data
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Good inter-personal skills
- Enthusiastic and open-minded
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English