DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly responsible for fulllifecycle management of consumables product line(s) forbiomolecule detection.
- Develops new product concepts and conveys them forward for full definition and approval.
- Responsible for development of new products within the product line.
- Ensures that current product lines are sustained, and their content is current.
- Acts as primary R&D interface with marketing and sales; stays current on scientific and competitor advancements.
- Develops product line narratives for customers, helps generate content for training sales force, application scientists, and customers.
- Serves as customer advocate for product usability improvements.
- Assists in preparing packaging, product literature, and customer training content for new products.
- Works with commercial team and operations to ensure prompt fulfillment
- Manages the development of new consumables products.
- Responsible and accountable for successful, on-time project delivery.
- Makes decisions on deployment of resources; prepares resource and material plans as well as project-specific and annual budgets and justifications.
- Collaborates across multiple departments to identify and resolve technical and operational challenges, and to improve communication, efficiency and productivity.
- Contributes to development and implementation of department strategies to ensure achievement of the Company's scientific and business objectives.
- Develops and implements best practices across the organization to ensure efficiency in operations, including new processes, procedures and automation.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD in Life Sciences, Engineering or related field.
- Master's degree may be substituted with additional relevant experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or other biotech environment or clinical environment performing research and/or product development. Prior commercial development of protein biomarker assays is required.
- Minimum 6 years of experience managing scientific teams on product development projects, including immunoassay and product development.
- Experience in ISO, GMP, and/or Design Control are highly desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of biomolecule detection technologies and how they are applied within the pharmaceutical, clinical and biotechnology fields.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the principles of immunoassays and their development.
- Strong scientific fundamentals and analytical background.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as the ability to handle complex situations with sound judgment and problem solving.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- A professional presence and strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting in a courteous, timely, and diplomatic manner with all levels of employees as well as other parties/stakeholders involved with the company.
- Leadership skills with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of staff management practices and processes and the ability to establish accountabilities and expectations and manage performance to achieve results