Office-Based role 5 days a week in San Jose CA
This role is with an established biotechnology company that specializes in providing tools, technologies, and solutions to support scientific research and innovation in various fields. Known for their contributions to genomics, synthetic biology, and cell therapy.
Their offerings span genomics research tools, synthetic biology applications, cell therapy products, and a diverse portfolio of reagents, kits, and instruments for various life science research domains.
Role: Content Marketing Writer
Responsible for producing compelling, audience-driven content for web, social media, email, and print channels that follows the company's style guide and energetic, knowledgeable voice. This role acts as project manager and content creator, supporting the execution of marketing campaigns with team members and evaluating the campaigns to improve future efforts.
MUST have biosciences training and prior experience in a technical and/or content marketing writing role. This role is expected to work independently for most tasks and is encouraged to propose plans and ideas to senior writers, who can provide guidance. A creative approach and the willingness to explore/test out new ideas are encouraged. The position requires strong time- and project-management skills, excellent verbal and written communication abilities, and fine attention to detail.
What will you do:
- Plan, carry out, and evaluate promotional campaigns.
- Write and produce customer-facing web content (e.g., technical notes, product pages, FAQs, selection guides, blogs, webinars, promotional pages, e-brochures, online ads) and web content for internal use.
- Produce informative, effective emails (e.g., announcements, digests, newsletters).
- Create and edit PowerPoint presentations for internal and customer-facing uses.
- Produce video and audio content (e.g., interviews, protocol videos, explainer videos, tutorials, podcasts, employee spotlights) with in-house and contract graphic designers, videographers, and animators.
- Produce electronic and print literature and other booth materials for virtual and in-person conferences.
- Plan and execute social media campaigns, including writing, creating, and posting engaging content for Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Review marketing pieces written by other writers or employees and provide clear suggested edits.
- Work closely with graphic designers to generate new imagery.
- Facilitate communication across internal teams to meet project objectives.
- Deliver reports to the team with recommendations on how to improve future efforts.
- Master's degree or PhD in Molecular Biology or other life science.
- Minimum two years of marketing and/or technical writing experience at a life science company or organization.
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Ability to plan, complete, and evaluate projects with limited guidance.
- Ability to implement and gather data from split tests.
You are amazing if you have
- Laboratory work in Molecular Biology or other life science.
How you will make an impact
As a Content Marketing Writer, you will help to shape and increase the visibility of the company's brand by creating high-quality, informative, and compelling content that will be distributed across diverse marketing channels. This will involve magnifying the company's voice, technological expertise, and innovative spirit to strengthen brand loyalty and establish emotional connections with the target audience.