You will establish the foundation for a strong, efficient, large-scale cell culture platform as a Cell Culture Process Development Engineer/Scientist. You'll collaborate with numerous R&D teams to create experimental designs, as well as the bioprocess design and variable space. This role will also be expected to scale up our process to large scale bioreactors, so that we can meet our production targets.
- Development/optimization of DoE processes to promote robust cell expansion.
- Media batching, inoculation, culture, and harvest of bioreactors.
- Design, development, and operation of fed-batch and perfusion processes.
- Process monitoring and analysis equipment, such as biochemical analyzers, are operated and maintained.
- As needed, create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Batch Production Records (BPRs), and other quality/research and development documentation.
- Designing an experiment and analyzing the results.Senior leadership and team members will anticipate this function to give experimental summaries, findings, and next stage investigations.
- Experience with serum-free media development and optimization.
- Experience with batch and fed-batch cell culture.
- Tech transfer experience is preferred
- Proficiency with metabolic flux analysis is a plus.
- Experience with scale-down model development, predictive modeling, and model validation is a plus.
- Experience with development of an intensified and/or continuous process is a plus