Associate Scientist, Biologics Analytical Operations
Excellent Compensation and Benefits Package
We are recruiting for an industry leading biopharmaceutical company delivering life-saving therapies to patients. You will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Their scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are widely available.
This opportunity is for an experienced candidate in the Biologics Development operations in Southern California. As part of the Analytical Operations organization, the Associate Scientist will be responsible for the development and qualification of bioassays for potency measurement to support release testing and extended characterization to gain a better understanding for early and late stage biologics drug candidates.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with various bioassay methods (eg. ELISA, cell-based, flow cytometry)
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and the utilization of cell-based assays is strongly desired
- Experience with statistical approaches for assay development and data analysis for biological assays is desirable.
- Able to independently design, troubleshoot and execute laboratory experiments for multiple projects.
- Able to independently use instrumentation, computer systems and software for data acquisition and analysis.
- Demonstrate desire to learn new techniques/knowledge quickly.
- Strong communication skills especially with regard to communicating ideas, project goals and results to team members in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Participates in method development, robustness, qualification and validation of biological assays including cell-based and binding assays.
- Writes technical reports and authors/reviews regulatory documents.
- Plans and executes assigned experiments, with increasing independence and an advanced level of understanding for project goals and methods.
- Maintains familiarity with scientific literature and applies appropriately to research projects.
- Demonstrate good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Works with collaborative communication and problem solving spirit.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience with BS or MS degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or a related scientific discipline.
- Relevant biotech/pharmaceutical experience with bioassay development and sustained excellence in performance and accomplishments that align with company goals.
- Independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results, and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Must think critically and creatively, be able to work independently, and determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.