My client is looking for a Vice President of Clinical Operations with extensive experience and a vision to guide, and manage the clinical operations division within their company. As the VP of Clinical Operations, you will be essential to the efficient organization, management, and planning of all clinical trials and research projects. The progress of their clinical programs and the general performance of their healthcare organization will be greatly aided by your strategic leadership and direction.
- Ensure the efficient operation of each clinic in your area, exercise leadership, and provide strategic direction.
- Drive operational excellence and accomplish business goals by drawing on your expertise working across many hospital sites and your industry knowledge.
- Oversee and assist clinic managers and directors to ensure adherence to rules, policies, and procedures.
- Implement and maintain quality assurance procedures to guarantee the provision of top-notch patient care.
- Develop and implement regional strategy in conjunction with top executives, including the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Monitor metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to track performance and find areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement new programs and initiatives in close collaboration with the executive team.
- To promote business growth, establish and maintain connections with stakeholders, community partners, and referral sources.
- 10 years or more of expertise in clinical operations, including 6 years in managerial roles managing clinical trials.
- A Master's or PhD in a relevant scientific field, or comparable experience in the medical field or the life sciences. An additional advantage would be an MBA or other business-related credentials.
- Experience managing and carrying out clinical trials successfully across a variety of therapeutic areas, including phase I-IV trials.
- Comprehensive understanding of the ethical principles and global regulatory framework that govern clinical research.
- Leadership abilities that have been proven, including the capacity to inspire and build high-performing teams.
- Strong ability to think strategically, solve problems, and make decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the capacity to work productively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of several electronic data capture (EDC) and clinical trial management systems (CTMS).
- This position may work remotely from a dedicated home office (if not local to San Diego, CA) or hybrid (if local to San Diego, CA). The preference is for candidates located on the west coast.
- This position will require up to 10% travel throughout the continental United States.
- The core office hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8AM-5PM Pacific Standard Time or Mountain Time, requiring flexibility to support clients and the business outside of these core hours (the direct reports of the VP of Clinical Operations work 8AM-10PM Pacific Standard Time, seven days a week, including holidays).
- Comprehensive health insurance, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity
- Company paid Basic Life, Short and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance option
- Health Savings Accounts (with employer contribution)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program to help with confidential emotional support, work life solutions, financial solutions, legal assistance, or online support.
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital mindfulness and meditation platform.
- 401k Plan with up to 10% company match
- Paid time off and 7 paid Holidays