My key client is seeking an experienced biotech professional with upstream (USP) experience to lead lab activities as a 'Team Leader for Upstream Production'. They are looking for a confident individual with excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills to manage their well-established lab and production teams across multiple stages of drug development.
My client is a leading international-facing CDMO in biopharmaceuticals & biotechnology offering you the chance to be part of the ongoing fight against numerous rare/serious diseases. You would be working both in the lab on site and in office, as part of a diverse working environment and have access to world-class training facilities as well as development opportunities.
- Managing and developing team members (e.g. lab assistants)
- Successfully handling relevant projects in line with budget/resources/timelines and GMP framework
- Following required health, safety and quality regulations
- Working across different stages of change processes and organizational development
- Data analysis & interpretation to obtain and implement applicable measures
- Coordinating between and managing production and manufacturing teams
- Representative for customer service activities related to production
- Degree (Masters preferred) in the Natural Sciences e.g. Biology/Biotechnology or Biotech/Bioprocess Engineering
- Strong experience in Upstream processes as well as Drug Production/Manufacturing in Biotechnology (Downstream may also be relevant)
- Keen interest and successful track record in leading a team and successfully evolving/training members
- Previous experience working with animal cell cultures and knowledge of bioreactor technologies as well process control
- Experience in digitalised labs/automation is an advantage
- Fluent German (C1 minimum) and English
- Ability to work effectively in a team and take initiative on key departmental decisions