A World-Class CMDO is looking to expand their Quality Control team with a Technical Specialist focusing on Assay Development. With an robust pipeline, you will always have a new project to look forward to.
- Develop sound project and experimental plans proactively seeking input from technical stakeholders. Translate plans to aggressive but achievable timelines while proactively managing technical and timeline risks.
- Persevere to identify and remove roadblocks to timely and successful delivery with management support.
- Independently and objectively analyze experimental data, organize technical reviews to communicate progress and findings within the Lonza technical and commercial teams and present progress to senior management. Analysis includes drawing conclusions within the wider group context, hypothesizing mechanistic explanations of observed results, and proposing next steps.
- Develop strong collaborative working relationships between QC, MSAT and R&D. Actively solicit technical input and conversely provide input into other projects to generate discussion and a sense of shared success.
- Write and revise technical documents and standard operating procedures, maintain accurate and up to date records, including appropriate lab notebook recordings, lab SOPs, test protocols and reports.
- Train new hires, interns, and collaborators (both internal and external) on relevant technologies and platform.
- Investigate and clearly articulate the value proposition of assigned projects.
- Be up to date on the latest research in the assigned project's field.
- B.S. Degree in a relevant area (biology/bioengineering related) is required. Master's degree or PhD is strongly preferred. Substantial experience in the life science industry is required.
- Cell biology and basic biochemistry; experience with a variety of cell culture systems (adherent and suspension, bioreactor operation) is required.
- Aseptic technique / work with BSC level 2 is required.
- Mammalian cell culture and isolation experience is required.
- Developmental biology/regenerative medicine experience desired
- Closed cell culture and downstream processing systems experience desired
- Experience in bioprocess engineering, especially bioreactors is strongly preferred
- Experience with Cell culture media development is strongly preferred
- Experience with Data analysis/statistics is strongly preferred
- Stem cells culture (MSC, PSC) techniques and media requirements experience desired