Senior Microbiology Lab Scientist
Location: Austin, Texas
Working Situation: Onsite
Level: Mid-Senior Level Manager
Our client, a Mid-Sized, Biotechnology Firm, is developing the world's only culture-free, rapid diagnostic technology that will reduce the time needed for pathogen identification (ID) and antibiotic susceptibility test (AST) results from days to hours.
The Senior Microbiology Laboratory Scientist will: As a Senior Microbiology Laboratory Scientist your primary responsibility will be to perform various microbiology tests, including culture-based testing, Gram stains, and antimicrobial susceptibility testing. You'll collaborate with multiple departments like R&D, Quality, Clinical Affairs, and Manufacturing to improve research and assay development. Your expertise will be vital in providing microbiology support for clinical studies and validation of crucial systems.
The Senior Microbiology Laboratory Scientist will:
- Perform microbiology testing, including culture-based techniques and antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
- Support various departments by offering microbiology expertise for clinical affairs, manufacturing, and assay R&D.
- Troubleshoot microbiology methods and ensure their accuracy and efficiency.
- Draft and review laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Conduct quality control checks on reagents, media, assays, and instrumentation.
- Within 180 days, contribute to analytical studies required for FDA submission.
- Support the validation and implementation of MALDI-TOF MS microbial identification system and blood culture system.
The Senior Microbiology Laboratory Scientist has the following qualifications:
- Hold a B.S. in microbiology, medical technology, or related field.
- Possess a minimum of 7 years of experience in a Clinical Microbiology Laboratory Setting or similar regulated environment.
- Familiarity with BSL-2 (Biosafety Level 2) microbes.
- Proficiency in antimicrobial susceptibility testing, MALDI-TOF MS for microorganism identification, and automated blood culture systems.
- Experience with Laboratory audits or inspections
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- 401k matching.
- Personalized Paid Time Off (PTO) arrangement.
- Opportunities for career development and continuing education.