Job Title: Senior Medical Science Liaison, Oncology
Location: Position will be field based and cover VA, NC, TN and KY territory
An Oncology Sr. MSL will, with a high level of proficiency, develop and maintain professional relationships with prominent healthcare providers and key decision makers as they relate to the company's products.
The candidate in this position will provide presentations and enter strategic discussions as it relates to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on the company's products to healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision makers, and others.
The candidate will assume a leadership role by teaching, coaching, and mentoring new hire and/or less experienced MSLs and by assuming responsibility for special projects as they arise.
The impact that an MSL will have to the organization include the following:
- as representatives of the company, an MSL will communicate key information about the company and its mission
- provide key scientific and clinical information about the company's products when asked; provide a conduit for communication between the research and the medical community regarding ideas for future research with the company's products
- provide corporate value through demonstrated leadership and participation in strategic thinking
- Advanced terminal degree in medical/biosciences (M.D., PhD, PharmD)
- Minimum of 3 years MSL experience in Oncology (Solid tumor familiarity preferred)
- Disease state management knowledge preferred
- Presentation and teaching skills
- Ability to lead and motivate team members without a direct reporting relationship
Established relationships with key opinion leaders in therapeutic area of interest