Title: Senior Manager - Analytics and Insights
A top 10 global biopharmaceutical leader is looking for a Senior Manager - Analytics and Insights in the Greater Boston area. This role will be a trusted resource for the brand and launch strategy analytics an insight. In addition to working closely with a cross-function team to analyze data and synthesize insights to answer strategic and tactical commercial questions related t new product launches.
- Gives an objective and thorough understanding of current and future markets, product performance, customers, and competitors to inform GI product life cycle management, support the commercialization of pipeline assets and guide product and disease area strategy
- Collaborates with internal specialists in Analytics, Market Research, Marketing, Sales, Competitive Intelligence, Managed Markets and R&D to generate robust market assumptions and analytics strategy.
- Oversees the performance of detailed, comprehensive secondary market data analyses in the area of regional market landscapes for product portfolios with annual expenditures of over a billion dollars or more.
- Leads reporting projects that enhance the capabilities and effectiveness of the Marketing, Managed Markets, Strategy and Sales Analytics department in business analytics and data driven insights. This involves identification and implementation of data sources, cluster analysis techniques and setting recommendations.
- Spearhead key market analytics projects to advise strategic and brand planning, forecasting, and market access projects
- Accountable for the preparation and delivery of market, analytics and technical training to new team members (e.g. market trends, secondary data reviews, BI software tools: Tableau or PowerBI, etc)
- Build and deploy tools and resources to continuously improve our understanding of the market and to drive business goals
- Takes lead role in working with other TPUSA departments (e.g., Commercial Operations IT, Data Governance, Managed Markets, Incentive Compensation, Sales Reporting) to ensure data quality, compliance and improve the quality of analytics.
- Guarantees that all reporting has gone through the QC process to ensure accuracy and communication clarity prior to being presented to our customers.
- BA or BS in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science,
- industrial engineering, economics, math, etc.
- 6+ years quantitative analytical or forecasting experience; or advanced degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc. and
- 4+ years statistical analysis and/or quantitative experience.
- 2+years pharmaceutical analytics/sales/managed markets experience.
- Complete understanding and application of quantitative principles, concepts, practices, and standards surrounding the use and manipulation of secondary market data sources.
- Strong command of a variety of analytical and market research techniques
- Experience utilizing rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- In-depth experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research.
- The ability to meaningfully portray and effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format
- In-depth knowledge and experience in a complex franchise-specific market.
- Proven experience with global Sales and Marketing organizations and experience with pharmaceutical data sources e.g., IQVIA/IMS, SHA and chart audits
- Knowledge of coding techniques in SAS and VBA, (Or Python, R, or similar), comfort with automation of reporting
- MBA with a focus on health care and data analysis, if MBA, 2+ years' work
- Experience required Experience with people management
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, QlikView or similar tools