My client, an international leader in Life Sciences, is looking for a highly experienced lead auditor to join their growing Swiss site as a Senior Internal Audit Manager. You need to be a highly motivated, results-driven, and autonomous individual who can take the lead but also work effectively as part of a team. You will be responsible for leading & implementing internal audit tasks, as well as some consultative/advisory activities where required across a wide range of operational areas such as procurement and sales.
You will be working in a global-facing role to support both local and international activities for enhancement of internal audit processes, networking with external stakeholders and acting in line with the relevant regulations related to IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors). This will require you to present independent assessments on risks & advice for the group's overall functioning related to risk management, policy compliance, asset safeguarding, financial & operational reporting and the efficient use of resources.
- Execution and management of whole internal auditing process from start to finish, such as data analysis, risk identification & causes, in order to recommend improvements
- Effective documentation of auditing activities according to IIA requirements, as well as conducting related meetings with management regarding this
- Examining completion reporting from auditees and carrying out subsequent audits for verification & execution purposes
- Offering feedback on colleagues' performance and assisting with their training internally
- Supporting global auditing functions through coordination with & leadership of internal cross-functional teams for continuous improvement of internal auditing procedures
- Bachelor's degree in business related subject such as Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 8 years of business experience preferably within Manufacturing field and working in internal/external for at least the last 3 years
- Highly skilled in executing assignments in compliance with international standards; CIA/CISA certificate required
- Strong experience in and proficient knowledge of SAP, and/or other basic business practices such as S2P/OTC/R2R and data analytics tools (e.g. PowerBI)
- Solid knowledge of IT essentials/general controls and good perception of current technology landscape to enable audit execution related to IT projects/business applications (e.g. CRM/MES/ERP)
- Excellent analytical, leadership and communication skills, with a problem-solving mindset oriented towards devising solutions and effectively meeting personal as well as team targets
- Ability to travel to Basel site 1-2 times per week
- Fluent English language skills