The Senior Field Service Engineer position is a proven leader and technical expert within the Service Engineering
department. Primary responsibilities include; independent management and completion of assigned projects,
consultative support on technical issues to personnel at all levels of the organization and development /
implementation of process improvement initiatives. Requirements include the ability to independently drive activity
across the service organization by using clear communication and data-driven justification and /or comprehensive
expertise of a particular field or technology necessary to meet future goals of the service organization.
- Plans optimum workload and journey times to include servicing, warranty calls, and breakdown cover. Assessing
priority of customer and company requirements, altering workload as necessary.
- Perform preventive, corrective maintenance & Qualification Operation Qualification (IQOQ) as required on and related product lines. This includes: testing, disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts;
rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for
use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals,
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems
- Service customers by providing Product Maintenance Agreement (PMA), service calls, warranty calls, field
upgrade programs, etc. Perform installations as required.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required paperwork
completion. This includes, but is not limited to: plan daily and weekly schedule to achieve optimum utilization,
provide schedule to Service Manager at the beginning of each week; communicate schedule changes to the
Customer Service Department or Service Manager daily; complete work tickets on-site and return to the office
daily, return to Service Manager weekly; maintain on-site Customer Service Logs/Total Maintenance Care books
according to procedures; and maintain tools and parts inventory to prescribed levels as required by
- Actively promotes the advantages of the Company's Service Contracts by selling contracts at every opportunity
and to achieve the service sales budget set by the Company including collection of payments due from the service
invoices which are billed locally to the hospitals.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Service Manager to advise of activity/changes related to sales
opportunities in assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain effective, communicative relationships with customers, managers, support functions and
the sales organization. Communicate activities to customers related to scheduling Preventative Maintenance
and estimated time of arrival for unscheduled work. Utilize provided product and industry knowledge to ensure
customer's expectations of service are exceeded. Actively seek continuing education opportunities.
- Respond to routine customer and sales questions regarding equipment operation and performance. At the
Service Manager's discretion, provide on-site support to the sales organization, limited to identifying
opportunities, sizing, and utility requirements.
- Maintains adequate stocks of required spares, to ensure equipment is repaired and service on the first visits and
second visits are kept to a minimum.
- Provides detailed reports on condition of customers' machines as and when required. Assesses and reports on
reliability of new products and modifications.
- Maintains and updates customer record system for own use and the benefit of the other departments. Such as
installed bases of our equipment in local hospitals and the serial numbers of the equipment supplied.
- Identify and implement changes to processes, systems and/or procedures that improve performance and
increase department efficiency.
- Provide in-service session for the customers and conduct equipment and assist product clinical trials
demonstrating applications with regards to systems, accessories and techniques when required.
- Training the new engineers to handle our equipment to help him to get on the job of doing the servicing
accordingly to our Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist project engineer with checking on pre-site installation requirement, risk assessments and ensure that
subcontractor on site comply with Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) and safety standard
- Support the product complaints jointly with team members to ensure each case is opened and closed.
- Provide consultative support to Regulatory and Quality Control to define and assist in the implementation of
product upgrades, enhancements and service procedures.
- Troubleshoot and analyze technical problems and processes. Resolve immediate issues and implement changes
to prevent future problems.
- Provide qualification/testing documentation and provide assistance to Field Service Engineers in the department.
- Other duties as assigned.