Senior Director Health Economics Outcomes Research - Rare Diseases
This emerging global biotech based in San Diego is looking to bring on a Senior Director HEOR to assist in the build out of their phase three Nephrology drug. This product has tremendous blockbuster potential and will raise the bar for therapeutics in the rare diseases space.
The ideal candidate will be someone that can implement HEOR strategy from the ground up. This person has to have hands on experience supporting products in the EU markets. Having experience working for a small biotech is a plus, given in this role you will wear many hats and have to work closely with the cross-functional team.
The Senior Director HEOR will be responsible for:
- Direct and lead HEOR strategy development to support product strategy and position in partnership with global product team.
- Identify HEOR evidence requirements and gaps, and design, conduct and deliver studies and tools to support relative value demonstration and product demonstration (e.g.: cost of illness evaluations, economic evaluations in clinical trials, decision-analytic modelling, cost-effectiveness and cost utility studies, retrospective database analyses, naturalistic prospective evaluation, patient/disease registries, PRO, utility measurement, meta-analyses, etc.)
- Conduct observational and RWE studies (e.g.: costing studies, outcomes research, etc.) with non-interventional study processes.
- Direct the coordination of input from local country market access teams on evidence needs and ensure that the input is appropriately incorporated to support global market access needs.
The Senior Director HEOR should have the following qualifications:
- PhD, MS/MPH, MD, PharmD required. An equivalent combination of education and applicable experience may be considered.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with an emphasis on the pharmaceutical industry and/or managed care experience; 8+ years of experience in health economics and outcomes research including budgetary impact, cost-effectiveness, cost-utility analyses, prospective studies, real world evidence studies, and claims database analysis; 4-6 years of progressive leadership experience.
- A comprehensive understanding of the US and major ex-US healthcare systems and reimbursement processes, and public policy decisions-making. Experience with HTA organizations such as NICE, SMC.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning and problem-solving capabilities with demonstrated abilities to think creatively and strategically to solve and answer key business questions/problems.
If you are interested in the Senior Director HEOR role, then please don't wait to apply.