The Senior-Level Scientist of Antibody Discovery will develop novel therapies for tumors and cancer using an immuno-oncology platform. For the creation of applicable antibody selection and screening tests, the scientist will use cutting-edge molecular and cell biology techniques to create monoclonal antibodies, cell cloning, and bioassay technologies. For the development of novel biologicals for cancer immunotherapy and other indications as appropriate, the Senior Scientist will be involved in all aspects of the implementation, including antibody screening and characterization, assay design, development and optimization, data analysis, and mechanism of action studies.
- Working with the antibody discovery and optimization team to use translational immunology and single-cell cloning/analysis to help advance pipeline programs.
- Hybridoma manufacture, antigen selection/preparation, mouse vaccination, hybridoma fusions and subcloning, maintenance and storage, antibody screening, and lead identification are all examples of hybridoma fusions and subcloning.
- Extensive knowledge of eukaryotic cell culture, expression vector design, transient transfection, recombinant antibody production, and protein expression.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and employ bioinformatics in the development of therapeutic antibodies.
- Strong biochemistry knowledge, including antibody purification and biophysical/biochemical characterization.
- Develop and run antibody characterisation screening techniques such as ELISA, flow cytometry, and cell-based assays.
- Establish and validate antibody-based functional assays and characterization processes.
- Ability to design experiments on one's own, make comprehensive observations, evaluate data, interpret results, and provide results on time.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced and diverse environment. Contribute individually as well as part of a highly collaborative and productive team.
- Mentor and supervise junior scientists within the team as needed.
- Expert understanding of antibody discovery process and characterization.
- Expert in developing end-to-end solutions for novel antibody discovery platform technologies.
- Ph.D. in appropriate discipline strongly preferred (e.g., molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology) 5+ years Antibody Development experience, preferably in industry/biotech workspace involving translational research.
- Master's Degree with 8+ years of Antibody Development experience in the appropriate disciplines and work environments.