Title: Research Associate
Type: 12+ Month Contract
Location: Palo Alto
The Research Associate will be responsible for conducting laboratory-based process chemistry activities to support a growing pipeline of pre-clinical and clinical programs. Working closely with a team of scientists and engineers in our brand-new laboratory, the Research Associate will be responsible for internal process chemistry research and development activities supporting our early and mid-phase stage programs. This position offers great potential for growth of scientific and cGMP experience while working on exciting, complex, and impactful products. This is a contractor position.
- Support internal process chemistry research and development through reaction and process optimization
- Identify problems in the lab and propose solutions during process development
- Keep current with developments in the field through peer-reviewed journals and literature on contemporary process chemistry and organic chemistry
- Be familiar with cGMP and ICH requirements relevant to the process chemistry position
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional team
- Keep good laboratory records and perform experiments following safety rules
- Support general laboratory operations by coordinating instrument maintenance, special laboratory supplies, and specialized infrastructure needs
- Work with global teams
- Other responsibilities as required according to Corporate strategy or group needs
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Masters degree in organic or polymer chemistry with 0-3 yrs experience in a related field or Bachelors degree in organic or polymer chemistry with 2-5 yrs experience in a related field is preferred.
- Experience working at the bench in organic chemistry lab with broad class of synthetic transformations required
- Experience in process chemistry and reaction optimization preferred
- Experience with analytical characterization techniques of organic small molecules or polymers (NMR, GC, LC, FTIR, SEC and others)
- Ability to appropriately summarize complicated data sets and draw appropriate conclusions
- Strong communication skills and comfort working across global boundaries
- Creative problem solver generating solutions from knowledge across disciplines
- Is curious, observant, detail oriented, and practices good record keeping
Please note contractors are offered benefits through EPM Scientific (healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k) on a W2 basis)
This role is offered on a W2 basis.
If you are interested in this Research Associate position, please do not hesitate to apply !!!