Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
Quality Engineering Manager is responsible transforming the quality control and quality engineering departments. This position is responsible for creating a lean and agile QC/QE capability that can react quickly to internal & external customers to meet market demands. The quality engineering manager is responsible for delivering on key targets for safety, quality, delivery, and cost. The position's key responsibilities include the following:
* As a Leader, role-modeling company by performing with integrity, high sense of accountability pursue innovation, deliver quality, drive continuous improvement, use resources wisely
* Directing the activities of the incoming & in-process quality inspection, quality engineers.
Supplier quality & Incoming inspection:
Manages operations of incoming inspection and supports supplier management so as to ensure the quality of materials used in production.
Reviews data obtained during all incoming inspection and quality engineering activities to ensure inspection and control effort is focused on the areas of highest risk to product quality.
Recommends whether to accept a product or continue business with a vendor based on performance or history.
Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in incoming inspection and quality control activities.
Identifies opportunities for improving quality processes. Provides concepts, ROI justification and budgets for proposed solutions.
* Quality Engineering:
Leads CAPA - Investigates and drives the resolution of customer complaints regarding production quality.
Responsible for ensuring investigations are properly reviewed, written and closed out with effective root cause analysis identified by utilizing corporate policies and procedures.
Applies quality tools including SPC methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
Responds to suspect or confirmed non-conforming material, taking corrective action to prevent future recurrence.
Recommends and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
Leads developing equipment qualification IQ/OQ/PQ protocols & reports to ensure robust production processes are delivered to production
Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
Participates in product development teams, focusing on the definition of material specifications that will ensure the consistent quality of materials and products.
Leads QEs and Inspectors in the definition and execution of measurement methods, including CMMs (Zeiss O-Inspect, OGP Smartflash), Optical Comparators (Keyence 6000 series), gauges, pins and other measurement instruments.
Leads the team in the review and approval of first article inspection reports.
* In-process quality control:
Support 24 X 7 high volume manufacturing of precision equipment & consumables
Ensure compliance to quality standards and Optimizing existing QC processes to automation to increase efficiency and effectiveness
* Keeps direct manager abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
* Proactively identifying deficiencies in current quality processes (upstream and downstream processes)
* Collaborating with other leaders to drive end-to-end improvements
* Collaborating with R & D on new product development by actively participating in FAI's, materials qualifications, master data enrichment, quality plans and other deliverables
* Driving corporate initiatives at the local operations level to meet quality and cost targets
* Approving and providing oversight for quality related change documentation
* Supervisory Responsibilities:
Enforces established personnel policies and fosters good employee relations and the professional development of personnel supervised; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Will be responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees.
What You Need to Succeed
* A "Can Do" and resourceful attitude & ability work with diverse team is a must have to succeed in this role.
* BS or MS degree in Quality, Engineering or other applicable major preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Minimum 5 to 7 years of QC/QE manager experience (within a plastic molding/assembly/test environment is preferred).
* Experience managing or supervising QC Tech/Supervisor & Quality Engineers.
* ASQ Certified SQE/SQM preferred.
* Experienced in Minitab; Development software; and proficiency with standard computer applications; MS office applications. Experience with use of statistical tools in quality engineering, including Gauge R&R, Capability Analysis, sampling methods and confidence interval / hypothesis testing.
* Familiarity with manufacturing ERP systems, SAP preferred.
* Has sufficient understanding of measurement methods, equipment and GD&T so as to be able to lead individuals performing those tasks. Actual metrology experience a strong plus.
* Preferred skills/knowledge: Understanding of Biochemistry to lead individuals performing molecular biology laboratory testing methods, including the concepts of PCR, standard curves, limits of detection and evaluation of OOT results.