Process Manager Downstream Development
Salary: Highly Competitive
Location: Ulm, Germany.
A global leading bio-pharmaceutical company (CDMO) is seeking to bring on an experienced process manager who would be responsible for the upstream/downstream process for customers APIs over the entire product life cycle. As the process manager, you will be at the heart of designing and developing processes from the lab to commercial scale for a variety of elite bio-pharmaceuticals.
The company is currently undergoing massive internal growth and the team have doubled this past year and is now securing the most elite talent on the market. If you are an individual with ambitions and a vision, and wish to be part of an exciting process that will propel into the future of bio-pharmaceuticals then this opportunity is for you.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Designing late-phase process optimisation's and process characterisations using risk-based strategies in preparation for process validations on a production scale.
- Transferring customer processes (downstream) into the companies process format.
- Design and develop scalable processes from lab bench to commercial scale for a wide range of global leading bio-pharmaceutical companies.
- Providing technical leadership to a project: develop, plan and execute.
- 3 years+ professional experience in DSP process development (post academia).
- Experience using scalable technologies in the field of industrial pharmaceutical production.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of chromatographic processes, filtration techniques and analytical methods
- Knowledge of the typical life cycle of biopharmaceuticals and regulatory guidelines.
- Basic knowledge of analytical methods and upstream/downstream processing
- Project management experience preferred
- Excellent communication, organisational and teamwork skills.
- Fluent German (B2+) and English skills
- Degree (or equivalent) within a Biomedical Sciences / Biochemistry / Chemistry
- PhD or equivalent experience in biotechnology, biochemistry or comparable scientific/technical environment.