Principal Bioprocessing Innovation Engineer
Working Situation: In-Person
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Our Biotech client is looking to add to its process development team. The position of Principal Bioprocessing Innovation Engineer requires a highly qualified and dedicated applicant who will work on downstream purification development, scale-up of biopharma processes, tech-transfers, and more. The company is developing a brand-new modality (oral delivery) and new class of medicine for several different treatments for diseases and cancer.
The candidate should be able to be innovative, collaborative, driven, creative, imaginative, and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment to help develop new products for a fast-growing company.
- Take an active role in developing and implementing a concept of flexible/adaptable manufacturing for the creation of diverse innovative treatment modalities derived from microorganisms.
- Lead fermentation and downstream process development activities to intensify, optimize, simplify, and scale-up next-generation process technology. Create a core of process intensification knowledge.
- Direct and oversee the technical transfer and development of the project process team.
- Actively participate in the planning and conduct of experiments at both laboratory and pilot scales.
- The chosen candidate will have a PhD in biochemical engineering, life sciences, or microbiology, as well as six years of experience and a track record of developing novel bioprocesses.
- Track record of technical proficiency in downstream operations
- Continual focus on making enhancements and improvements to lab operations and efficiency
- Ability to expand to new areas and innovate
Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Dental, Life Insurance
- Relocation packages