Title: Director of Sales (North America)
Position Location: Northeast United States
Summary: The North America Sales Director will be the lead direct contact with our customers as well as the liaison between our Business Development, Applications, Service, and Product Development teams. The candidate will be responsible for the oversight and management of sales, regional marketing, forecasting, and sales strategy development. In the immediate term, there will be a heavy focus on driving sales, codeveloping and executing a marketing plan and building a national sales team. This position offers the candidate the opportunity to build infrastructure and a team while leveraging our partnership with a leading industry player. A reputation for integrity, urgency, and accountability with sound technical and interpersonal skills, highly motivated, independent with a strong operational focus is key for success.
- Forecast and meet/exceed North American quota
- Develop strategic and tactical sales/marketing plans for product and implement these through effective management with our partners.
- Enable sales of the company products and build relationships through interactions with customers, employees, and partners.
- Provide regular forecast of long and short-term sales to Management Team and Product Development Team to insure timely delivery of customer orders.
- Identify and hire Sales Specialist in strategic regions for rapid growth and customer focus.
- Create and facilitate training programs for future sales personnel and marketing partners on a regular basis.
- Define procedures to efficiently meet the financial goals of the company, including budgeting, forecasting and cost management.
- Collaboratively work with Business Development and Product Strategy in respect to identifying future business opportunities and needs.
- Understanding of the current analytical techniques in support of biopharmaceuticals applications such as, but not limited to: biopharmaceutical characterization including glycan analysis, intact mAb, peptide mapping, proteomics, targeted lipidomics, and targeted metabolomics.
- Having a current and accurate knowledge of the instrumentation landscape from sample preparation through data analysis, reporting used in the biopharmaceutical market.
- analysis, intact and subunit analysis, and peptide mapping analysis of monoclonal antibodies and additional emerging novel therapeutics
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry, physics, or engineering. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience, preferably in a senior role
- Knowledge of workflows related to life science applications
- Strong customer centric focused.
- Highly motivated to create, lead, and mentor a new team.
- Ability to communicate to internal teams
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the technical team when needed.
- Three years mentoring or training sales associates or other cross-functional teams.
- Sales Force beyond cursory use - ability to generate forecast, reports, etc.
- Willingness to travel +50%
- Ability to work within the United States.