Method Development Scientist
My client is a nationally accredited food safety leader with innovative new laboratories. They offer a vast scope of chemistry and biological food processing testing services and consumer products. They are seeking an experienced chemist for their Texas location with a strong background in LC-MS and GC-MS who values teamwork and collaboration.
The scientist will be responsible for the development and validation of analytical methods for use in the testing of foods, ingredients, intermediates, active nutraceutical ingredients and final products.
- Develop new methods and process development to ensure the company offers the latest testing to its customer base.
- Use instruments such as GC-MS and LC-MS to develop and investigate methods.
- Chromatographic data interpretation and correlation back to process, materials or contamination issues
- Function as a technical resource in all areas of analytical and food chemistry.
- Integrate functional expertise with business objectives to identify critical testing needs and timing.
- Ensure newly validated methods are appropriately transferred into the Quality group for use in routine testing.
- Fully and clearly document method development process including method validation protocols, development and validation reports, and required technical documents.
- Interpret data and present findings with appropriate documentation, references and supporting material to the food and other associated industries
- Assist technical team to coordinate and prepare scientific reports, technical proposals and presentations.
- PhD in Food Chemistry or related field with 5+ years industry experience preferred, OR:
- Masters in Chemistry/Food Chemistry or related field with 6+ years experience, OR:
- Bachelors in Chem/Food Chem or related field with 10+ years experience
- Familiarity with ISO 17025, GMP, GLP, AOAC, FDA, USP and Compendium methods and procedures and OSHA guidelines.
- 3+ years' experience in an analytical lab
- Advanced knowledge of analytical chemistry and mass spectrometry, including GC-MS and LC-MS. Experience in pesticide testing is a plus
- Working knowledge of HPLC, ICP-OES, ICP-MS
- Develop new methods and process development to ensure the company stays up to date with testing
This is a unique opportunity with a company dedicated to its culture and clients. Do not miss the chance to grow your career with the industry leader today!