Medical Science Liaison, Oncology (Pacific North West) WA, OR, AK, MT, ID, WY
Do you enjoy working as a Medical Science Liaison in the oncology therapeutic area?
Your primary responsibility as Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is to act as a liaison with nationwide and regional key opinion leaders (KOLs) to align interests, discuss research and medical information, and to facilitate both clinical trial efforts and Investigator-sponsored studies in the treatment of Gastro-entero-pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (GEP-NETs) and carcinoid syndrome, as well in the treatment of pancreatic cancer. Your clinical insights will be utilized cross-functionally to ensure proper alignment of MSL goals with the company's business goals to be executed in a compliant fashion.
Your Role Will Involve
- Identifying and developing relationships with national and regional medical and scientific KOLs consistent with the strategy and objectives of Medical Affairs and overall strategies.
- Engaging in scientific exchange and education about current and emerging therapies in a compliant fashion with KOLs to include advisory boards, individual meetings, and congresses).
- Developing and maintaining scientific, clinical and therapeutic expertise in the areas of Oncology that include, but is not limited to, the field of GEP-NETs and pancreatic cancer.
- Representing the company at specific continuing medical educational events, programs, medical meetings and scientific conventions.
- Partnering with Medical Affairs and Drug Information Services to ensure accurate delivery of medical and scientific information, as needed.
- Proactively identifying and assisting as needed in facilitation of Investigator-sponsored clinical trials.
- Working with clinical development as requested to identify and engage with appropriate sites for trials.
- Identifying disease concepts that can be leveraged into product differentiation.
- Differentiating as the valued scientific partner of choice through innovative initiatives, coordinated strategy, and scientific communication.
- Providing appropriate scientific, clinical, and educational support for internal cross functional customers (including other members of the MSL team).
- Support medical publications as needed (abstracts, manuscripts, etc.).
- Supporting commercial operations by participating in Speaker and Representative Training.
- Leading/participating on special project teams as necessary.
- Coordinating scientific activities with Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, and Global Franchise group, as needed.
- Collaborating cross-functionally to:
- Ensure a close working relationship with all US cross-functional Oncology/Endocrinology team members, including field-based counterparts and home office-based team members, legal, regulatory, market access individuals, medical/clinical operations.
- Support cross-functional teams to ensure operations are patient-focused, including rapidly responding to internal and external requests to discuss specific situations and challenges and provide medical affairs support to all stakeholders. Ability to gain international experience.
In Return, You Will Bring
- Previous holding of an MSL or related role with at least 3 years' experience is required.
- Previous and recent experience in Oncology (in the last 12 months) is required.
- Advanced Scientific, healthcare or medical degree (PharmD, PhD, MD) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain credible and scientific relationships with top experts in the Oncology field.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to function on a cross-functional team.
- Knowledge of PhRMA, OIG, and other guidelines relating to compliant medical communications.
- Demonstrated expertise in ability to synthesize and communicate medical information clearly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel ~ 60-80% (based on the size of respective geography)