The MSL is a member of a Medical Affairs field-based team. The MSL will be responsible for engaging
with specified key opinion leaders (KOLs), institutions, and organizations in the US through appropriate
high level scientific support for research activities, publications, education, consulting, and other
Medical Affairs initiatives.
The MSL will provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and
provide clinical/scientific support to the medical community and internal cross functional partners. The
MSL will build long term peer to peer relationships with thought leaders, payers and other stakeholders
specializing in the treatment of breast cancer. They will be trained to respond to medical inquiries in a
scientific, fair-balanced and compliant manner. The MSL is a collaborative member of the field based
team who is expected to communicate seamlessly with other members of the field based organization.
This position requires professionals who possess an understanding of Oncology, specifically breast
cancer, and Key Opinion Leader (KOL) scientific exchange experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain mutually productive and appropriate relationships with academic and
community based KOLs and investigators across different types of healthcare organizations and
- Deliver medical presentations to diverse audiences including physicians, pharmacists, nurses,
and other key stakeholders aligned to appropriate payer organizations
- Providing scientific and liaison support for company's research activities including facilitation of
unsolicited requests for interactions related to Investigator Sponsored Trials (ISTs).
- Identify key opinion leaders for key company initiatives
- Develop a territory specific medical engagement plan for scientific exchange with prioritized
HCP's which support the medical affairs objectives
- Present and/or moderate advisory boards
- Identify and train members of company's speaker bureau program.
- Engage in commercial trainings and initiatives as appropriate
- Compliantly engage in competitive intelligence at key conferences
- Contribute to the development and implementation of medical education strategies and
initiatives to support company's product
- Collaborate with Commercial and sales colleagues for thought leader and institutional
engagement where appropriate
- Represent the company at medical meetings through Medical Affairs scientific booth coverage
and other related activities
- The MSL collaborates with the field based medical team, appropriate commercial personnel and
the broader organization is a seamless and efficient manner
All MSL interactions are compliant and conducted in accordance with company's and Federal,
legal and regulatory guidelines.
Travel: Approximately 60% overnight travel
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Advanced degree in clinical specialty (RN, PhD, PharmD) and/or 3-5 years of field facing
- Extensive knowledge of oncology/breast cancer and field medical affairs is strongly preferred
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills required
- Demonstrated experience effectively presenting clinical/scientific information required
- Ability to relate and work with a wide range of people to achieve results
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the primary functions of this position.
The physical demands of the office are mostly associated with extended amounts of time sitting and
using office equipment, including a computer, keyboard and mouse, which can cause muscle strain.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This
position regularly requires long hours including weekends or evenings.