Job Title: Medical Information Manager
Location: Raleigh, NC
A Medical Information Manager plays a critical role in ensuring that MI content is scientifically balanced, evidence-based, up to date and meets the scientific needs of customers to help inform clinical care and formulary access decisions and other strategies which can have significant impact on the appropriate use of company products. The Medical Information Manager has a deep understanding of the product/s and therapeutic area and serves as an influential partner to both the Medical Affairs and Commercial organizations.
A Medical Information Manager will need to possess a baseline understanding of business priorities and the scientific evidence requirements of Health Care Providers (HCPs) and understand how HCPs and population-based decision makers are using scientific evidence to inform decisions, deploy population-management programs and cost containment strategies, and control new product coverage/use.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating, updating and/or reviewing medical information content on company products to ensure complex scientific content is summarized in a concise, simple and balanced manner utilizing the highest level of evidence and critically evaluating the data and literature.
- Planning and maintaining a robust and up to date MI database including launch readiness plans that meets the scientific needs of customers through partnership with key stakeholders
- Maintain deep scientific and therapeutic expertise on assigned products and understanding of MI requirements across geographies.
- Creating and updating US medical information payer content by collaborating and building a strong relationship with our partners (US Medical Affairs Leader, US Health Outcomes, Legal) so that payer and managed care organizations have the necessary resources they need to make decisions regarding company products.
- Collaborating with internal business partners (e.g., Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs Field Liaisons) to create topic specific presentations to be used reactively or proactively with HCPs to share new information regarding a company product/disease state or help fulfill knowledge gaps.
- Primary Medical sign off for the review of promotional materials to ensure compliance with relevant SOPs and written standards.
- Contributing actively in a Therapeutic Area cross-functional team to discuss strategic priorities of company product(s), to ensure appropriate resources (e.g., medical information content) are available to meet the priorities, and to present relevant medical insights and current trends based on fulfillment of medical information content.
- Impart product and disease training to the relevant US medical and/sales teams and Global MI staff as needed.
- Actively participating in Medical Information Workstreams to develop best practices, ways of working and continuous development and improvement for Medical Information deliverables.
- PharmD or MD
- 2+ years post-graduate clinical/pharmaceutical industry experience.
- 2+ years clinical literature evaluation experience.
- 2+ years' experience summarizing complex scientific literature.
- 2 + years of experience developing scientific or medical information material for HCPs, Payers, Patients, Public Health Authorities or Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) customers (directly or indirectly) in a global/local communication role
- 3-5 years of extensive and relevant scientific experience (communicating and translating scientific evidence) in a pharmaceutical, managed care, or Health System setting.