Job type: Permanent
A global medical device company who work with high-end and innovative products are on the hunt for a passionate and hardworking expert to join their team as a Marketing Insights Director. You will play a key role in the success and growth of the business.
- Design and execute primary qualitative and quantitative market research projects, including defining the research objectives, framing business questions, developing market research approach, managing the study through vendors or internally.
- Synthesize and integrate data, research and analyses into actionable insights while ensuring that analyses and summaries of results are shared in the form of compelling stories that deepen customer/market understanding.
- Turn unstructured business issues/requests into appropriate action plans and projects that result in high quality, meaningful and actionable deliverables.
- Consider alternative methodologies to collect the voice of customer, being open to emerging innovative methods without immediately jumping to standard methods
- Identify, evaluate, and manage relationships with best-in-class insights vendors
- Conduct cross-market analyses to assess the competitive landscape and inform strategies to differentiate; develop congress CI strategy
- Quickly become an expert in relevant therapeutic areas, related commercial products, and assets in development to ensure accurate data interpretation and become a trusted strategic partner to key internal stakeholders.
- Apply behavioral economics to predict the distribution of patient and physician choices under different scenarios to improve messaging efficacy
- Develop and deploy advanced methodologies and analytic tools and capabilities which reflect best practices.
- Support the BI & Analytics Lead to build foundational infrastructure, data governance, and master data management as inputs into market research
- Build functional expertise and core business capabilities within primary market research
- Build strong, cross-functional relationships to leverage the company's expertise to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Follow industry and pre-defined standards to ensure legal and ethical approaches to CI, protecting business interests and confidentiality
- 6-8+ years of experience leading primary market research projects with industry or market research vendor .
- High Analytical Skill set - Expertise in qualitative & quantitative methodologies and research; high comfort sourcing, manipulating, analyzing using basic tools (Excel) and visualizing data via various tools/charting methods; understands the advantages and limits of different analytical/quantitative approaches.
- Competitive Intelligence Expertise - Experience leading CI projects and programs including activities like market monitoring, surveillance, development of competitive pipelines & time lines, competitive product & company profiling, facilitation of readiness activities and strategies.
- Strong Project / Deliverable Management - ability to deliver complex analytical investigations and cross-functional projects with limited guidance; ability to scope, enhance the output/hypotheses and deliver analytical investigations and projects with limited oversight; seeks to understand the problem/issue, conducts cross-functional interviews and drives towards a well-structured deliverable
- Cross-Functional Collaboration and Project Management - able to collaborate effectively with various functional partners to probe/ask questions, gather required information for analysis and participate as a value-added cross-functional partner.
- Independence - able to manage workload with limited guidance and support in prioritization; effective managing to expectations and ability to scope/prioritize work with relatively high independence.
- Executive Presence - high comfort in delivering and defending analyses/recommendations to senior management; ability to deliver succinct, effective messages both in verbal and written (i.e., executive summary) formats.
- Industry experience: Oncology therapeutic area / disease knowledge and experience preferred; strong understanding of launch and pre-launch planning, tracking and measurement in Oncology.
Career Progression Opportunities
+44 20 3758 8929