A growing, industry leading Medical Device/Technology company located in the Bay Area is looking for a results-oriented business development hunter to join their team and expand the company's business in the life sciences industry. This position will work collaboratively with both the product management team and the marketing team to identify and serve new applications in life sciences.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Driving business success in the Life Sciences market while understanding and mitigating program risks
- Developing relationships with KOLs to scout, develop, refine and validate roadmap and positioning strategies
- Developing the roadmap, business-case, and feasibility to serve the needs of Life Science community and to position for success against the competition
- Developing, organizing, and managing relative value estimation of potential R&D programs in innovation funnel relative to Life Science customers/markets
- Working strategically with key account managers to address evolving needs and to support strategic business development opportunities as well as implementation of product positioning strategy
- Defining and documenting market and product requirements, including upgradeability, reliability and regulator
The Business Development Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Strong technical background required (Master's degree in technical field, minimum). Additionally, MBA marketing experience preferred.
- Previous experience in Business Development, Marketing Solutions or Product Marketing role in Life Science industry.
- Existing relationships with key Life Science thought leaders or organizations preferred.
- Excellent market development skills and experience. Analytical markets sizing and customer value-based pipeline prioritization experience preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and experience. Agile development experience preferred.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and the ability to comprehend and translate complex concepts and technologies into business-oriented value propositions
- Ability to influence collaboratively with cross-functional business partners
- Strong initiative and follow-through skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, establish and align priorities, and make good decisions even in the absence of some desired information
- Demonstrated ability to work in rapidly changing and less-than-well-defined environments with strong team alignment skills
- Enthusiastic, diligent, curious, and highly productive
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Opportunity for growth with a strong and stable organization
- New office in the Bay Area with an open floor plan and brand new cafeteria
- Remote-flex opportunity in the future (currently remote)