Job title: IT-OT Engineer
Location: Berne - Switzerland (hybrid options available)
Nature of work: Permanent/Full - time
My client, an international leader in Life Sciences, is looking for an experienced Informatics and Operations Technology engineer to join their growing Swiss site as an 'IT-OT Engineer'. You need to be independent, eager to learn and help take the lead as part of the company's global IT team to assist with the implementation of new IT computers/tablets and relevant peripherals to support existing and upcoming projects on site. Key responsibilities relating to the specified equipment include deployment, configuration, implementation, documentation, support and management.
You will be part of the company's established site team alongside their global IT-OT team who will provide you with support to facilitate your role in stabilizing IT service delivery on site by coordinating with their global IT departments and service providers. In addition, you will generate & improve existing ways of working and take their IT service delivery to new heights.
- Incorporating, moving and monitoring IT systems/service operations as well as taking initiative to make relevant improvement suggestions
- Creating high-tech guides for operations and procedures
- Executing and following system and other data integrity solutions
- Coordinating between internal and external IT stakeholders such the site IT lead and service providers in line with the relevant business goals
- Degree in relevant IT field such as IT/Informatic systems or Bioinformatics
- Minimum MCSA desktop certification and knowledge of GxP validation & qualification
- 1-4 years' experience as an engineer and in system management (1st and 2nd levels) in IT or OT/data integrity & Quality field
- Good understanding of computer operations, software and other systems (primarily for PC & OS) and of latest IT infrastructure/system upgrades
- Basic knowledge of Enterprise Architecture, networks, servers, routing systems and skilled in working in a project structure
- Fluent in German and English
- Autonomous, self-initiating and hungry-to-learn personality