A world leading medical devices manufacturer is currently looking to hire a Global Head of R&D to lead their R&D team and build out their OEM. This is a business critical position and you will be working with a market leader who value investing in their employees as well as creating a work environment where you will be inspired to learn, grow and achieve both your professional as well as personal goals.
Key responsibilities of the Global Head of R&D include:
- Assess new and emerging technologies to determine application to the company's products and services
- Oversee the development of the medical devices from concept through to finished product
- Utilise clinical data and market feedback from spine surgeons to design specifications for new product development
- Develop and manage expenses and budgets within the department focusing towards the objective of improving overall team efficiency.
- Interact with senior management to identify strategic opportunities
Key requirements of the Global Head of R&D include:
- Successfully completed Bachelors'/Masters' Degree in Engineering discipline
- Relevant professional experience in an internationally oriented R&D department, preferably from the Orthopaedics or other medical industry
- Strong track record of leading a team and development of Class II/III medical devices
- Strong understanding of international regulatory standards (e.g. ISO 13485, FDA, FMEA, EU-MDR)
- Fluent in English, knowledge in German and/ French would be beneficial
EPM Scientific is a specialist recruitment company working on a global scale exclusively in the Life Sciences industry. As an industry expert we specialise in locating and attracting nice talent, offering Contract, Permanent, Project Based and Multi Hire Recruitment Solutions.