In the role of Field Applications Scientist, the successful candidate will be a key member of the company's expanding US team. The company is looking for an engaging and outgoing individual with scientific depth and curiosity that will help drive adoption of our products and develop successful and productive relationships with our customers, collaborators and partners. Reporting into the Head of Business Development, this individual will become the technical expert for our expanding portfolio and support our products throughout the sales process. As the company evolves and expands so will this role's responsibilities; particularly as we enter the molecular testing market in the US.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide pre- and post-sale technical support to customers for products via virtual or on-site visits.
- Support distributor engagement through trainings and technical support.
- Deliver engaging & capable technical presentations to support new product launches and portfolio growth either through virtual platforms or in-person.
- Support sales engagement initiatives through field travel, trade show attendance and product demonstrations.
- Writing, reviewing, or editing of technical, training, or educational materials such as white papers, brochures, protocols, websites, or presentations.
- Interface with our Singapore-based technical team to develop and implement customer driven solutions.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in a life sciences or molecular diagnostics applications role.
- Familiarity with translational medicine, drug discovery and/or molecular diagnostics customer segments is desirable.
- BS in a scientific discipline such as Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or a similar. MS or PhD is desirable.
- Knowledge of routine molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid extraction, qRT-PCR and NGS.
- Previous experience with a CRM system, including sales forecasting, pipeline management and sales tracking.
- Ability to travel, up to 50% (post COVID-19 pandemic crisis).
If interested, please reach out directly with your resume