The Director for Business Development, will be located at the Innovation Center in Cambridge, MA. They will be responsible for managing assigned business activities and work largely on external innovation opportunities to collaborate with potential partners from industry (including biotech and start-ups) and academia.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment and achieve its business development goals set by the corporation
- Work to identify new investment targets in company's focused sectors- oncology, cell therapy, and metabolic diseases
- Propose M&A targets/opportunities to HQ and participates in the process of the deal sourcing and M&A
- Communicate regularly and build deep relationships with Sr. management/executives and business owners
- Network directly with Sr. management/executives and business owners in industries of interest
- Build relationships with capital providers including private equity groups, corporate acquirers
The successful applicant will have deep understanding of Clinical Development. S/he must have a collaborative mindset, and be a strong team player in an innovative environment. The applicant must remain flexible, proactive, resourceful and know when to be autonomous and self-governing to ensure efficiency in their work. The successful candidate must be eager and able to learn fast and to adjust quickly to new challenges in an often-changing environment.
As a candidate, you will have the following:
- A Bachelor's degree and an advanced degree (MBA, MD or PhD) is preferred
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in the fields of biopharmaceuticals is required
- Experience in corporate business development or investment/ M&A is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to partner with executive leadership
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong network in biopharma industry C-suite/Sr. management and academia