Satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is our human health care (hhc) mission. We're a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer's disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The Director, Oncology MSLs is responsible for the leadership, direction and management of MSLs in the region and works collaboratively with the Medical Affairs Senior management with strategic and tactical planning, working collaboratively with Medical Affairs and Clinical Development teams for support of clinical studies across the product portfolio. Works closely with his/her direct reports in the field, Medical Directors and at times with external customers to gain an understanding of the scientific landscape and to communicate the information to key internal stakeholders. Provides all direct reports with an individualized view of their development plans and ongoing performance. Assists other managers (Associate Directors) with leadership competency criteria including performance management assessments of their MSLs and recommendations of promotions Creates a culture of accountability by personally delivering on work commitments, holding others accountable for their performance and by taking, timely, decisive and constructive actions to address individual MSL performance problems and issues
- Ensure operational excellence of the MSL team, including corporate aligned objective/tactics, cross-functional medical support, and interactions with key opinion leaders.
- Provide leadership for the MSL function by participating on cross functional teams leading to strategic planning and working collaboratively with Commercial colleagues including, Sales and Marketing as well as Medical Affairs.
- Developing individual talent within the MSL region, including training, career evaluation, coaching, mentoring, performance management and talent review.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, and to ensure compliance with policies & procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Manage MSL activities related to presenting medical and scientific information to external customers, including but not limited to, medical thought leaders, academic institutions and managed care organizations.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing hiring, and on-boarding new MSLs.
- Travel (up to approx. 50%), locally across the US when required and including international travel.
- Advanced scientific terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry overseeing an Oncology Medical Science Liaison team or related function.
- Oncology experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and management skills required.
- Strong personal integrity and customer focus are necessary.
- Ability to work at a distance to maintain morale of field based personnel, as well as good interaction with office based Medical Affairs and PCU scientific staff.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA, PhRMA, GCP and other international regulatory/ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry & clinical trial conduct, and to ensure compliance with these external as well as internal guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms for recording of external interactions and for the collection, review, and dissemination of medical information