A fast growing Biotech is looking for a builder to identify, evaluate, and execute clinically focused transactions and strategic partnerships to help expand the company's portfolio. They will support the development of the company's products by strategic partnerships that would drive better patient outcomes and improve the commercial potential of the treatments.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Sourcing and leading transactions with both pharmaceutical biotech companies and academic institutions
- Assisting the development of expansion strategy, term sheet negotiation, due diligence, and execution of said strategy
- Securing early-stage strategic partnerships, paving way for scaled-up transactions and transition to the commercial organization
- Actively partnering with other BU Functions including, but not limited to Commercial, R&D, Clinical Affairs, Marketing, and Finance ensure a thorough evaluation of all potential opportunities
What you will need:
- 5+ Years experience in sales or business development function in a bio-pharmaceutical
- Ph.D. or other preferably a graduate degree in biological sciences.
- MBA is a plus
- Evidence of relevant "sell-side" transactions execution
- Technical understanding of therapeutic and diagnostics development pathways
- Knowledge of molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics, NGS is helpful
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgements