Director Health Economics Outcomes Research - Oncology
A top-15 global pharmaceutical company is looking to bring on a Director of HEOR that will lead the Global Outcomes Research team, which focuses heavily on the commercialization of groundbreaking therapies. This company covers several therapy areas neurosciences, gastroenterology and oncology, the purpose of this position is to provide global outcomes research support in Oncology. As a key contributor to the team this individual will inform and lead program strategies with inclusive evidence generation plans and component research studies that identify clinical, economic, patient-centered unmet needs, and patient-centered value that the company's medicines provide in addressing those needs.
The ideal candidate will contribute to the development and execution of plans to elucidate unmet clinical, economic and patient-centered needs and product value to regulators, and patients. This individual will execute and communicate results of appropriate tactical activities including observational and epidemiologic research as well as experimental trials To communicate findings from these studies to relevant internal and external audiences as effectively as possible
The Director HEOR will be responsible for:
- Represent the GOR function and provide strategic input on corporate cross-functional teams related to product development and commercialization to enable and support informed decision making
- Identify HEOR evidence requirements and gaps, and design, conduct and deliver studies and tools to support relative value demonstration and product demonstration (e.g.: cost of illness evaluations, economic evaluations in clinical trials, decision-analytic modelling, cost-effectiveness and cost utility studies, retrospective database analyses, naturalistic prospective evaluation, patient/disease registries, PRO, utility measurement, meta-analyses, etc.)
- Communicate with relevant internal and external audiences, which may include regulators, health care providers/practitioners, HTA authorities/payers, patients and others
- Direct the coordination of input from local country market access teams on evidence needs and ensure that the input is appropriately incorporated to support global market access needs.
The Director HEOR should have the following qualifications:
Combination of academic training and practical experience in outcomes research is required.
- Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., Sc.D. or Dr.P.H.) in a relevant discipline such as, but not limited to, health services research, health outcomes research, epidemiology, pharmacy administration, public health, economics, statistics or decision sciences, plus five years practical experience
- Clinical degree (e.g., in medicine, pharmacy, nursing) and a masters degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus five years practical experience
- A comprehensive understanding of the US and major ex-US healthcare systems and reimbursement processes, and public policy decisions-making. Experience with HTA organizations such as NICE, SMC.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning and problem-solving capabilities with demonstrated abilities to think creatively and strategically to solve and answer key business questions/problems.
If you are interested in the Senior Director HEOR role, then please don't wait to apply.