The Chemist is responsible for review of data generated by other analysts and performing some analytical testing related to compounding activities, and final product testing in the Chemistry laboratory.
- QC Review of raw material, compounding and finished product batch records
- Responsible for data review of method transfers and complaint samples.
- Responsible for performing compounding activities, and final product testing.
- Assist in the investigations of OOS and deviations
- Responsible for writing laboratory SOPs.
- Notify QC Laboratory Manager immediately of out of specification results.
- Review and perform routine maintenance of instrumentation
- Responsible for coordinating documents ready for off-site storage to include documents located in the file cabinets.
- Responsible for ensuring new logbooks are acquired.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the Chemistry Laboratory including good housekeeping and a safe working environment.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures, safety, health, and cGMP Guidelines.
- BS degree in Chemistry or related field with at least 2 years experience in a QC laboratory environment.
- Ability to understand and follow all applicable standard operating procedures and cGMP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard laboratory techniques and procedures as evidenced by prior work experience or on the job training.
- Ability to operate standard and advanced laboratory instrumentation as evidenced by prior work experience or on the job training.
- Ability to participate in and contribute to a team-oriented work environment