A global biopharmaceutical company, who is pioneering treatments for life-threatening genetic diseases, is looking to bring on new talent to assist its Computational Biology and Translational Science Group. The company's own research is centered around Genetics and Genomics, with a mission to discover, develop, and commercialize medicines that target rare conditions and improve the way patients with them function. They have a loaded pipeline, with multiple approved products and other contenders in various stages of clinical trials. The Bioinformatics Scientist II will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology to help generate and test hypotheses to support drug discovery efforts.
- Identify available omics datasets that can be used to answer therapeutic questions
- Analyze and integrate data to drive disease model characterization, target identification, and molecular characterization
- Develop and utilize bioinformatics methods, such as single cell RNA-sequencing or long read RNA-seq, to analyze and integrate omics data and report results
- Collaborate with other team members to generate therapeutic hypotheses based on human genetic evidence
- Master's in computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, or a related field
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on experience with managing and interpreting large omics datasets
- Experience with Bioconductor packages and bash
- Experience with R and Python languages
- Familiarity with AWS and GitHub
This is an onsite opportunity that will start on a 12-month contract with extension possibilities.
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic, cross-functional team where you can apply your bioinformatics expertise and satisfy your molecular curiosity!
Highly competitive pay + benefits
If you are interested, please apply today!