Bioinformatics Data Scientist
- Cancer genomics
- Greater Boston
- $120,000-$160,000 + bonus + competitive benefits package
Bioinformatics Data Scientist will have responsibilities that includes:
- Work as part of drug discovery project team to proactively identify informatics opportunities, propose solutions, and support analytical need.
- Contribute to the identification and validation of novel cancer targets leveraging public/proprietary genomics data and modern data mining technologies.
- Maintain expertise in state-of-the-art data science and cancer genomics methods.
- Contribute analysis infrastructure development, implementing fit-for-purpose tools and working with vendors to streamline the workflow in suitable computing environment.
- Generate patent, technical documents, external publications and presentation.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ph.D in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, or biostatistics, life sciences
- 3+ years of industry experience
- NGS data analysis, such as RNASeq, WES, BS-Seq and single cell sequencing
- Multi-omics data analysis such as genomic alterations, transcriptome profiling, copy number profiling, and proteomics.
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis principles and expert user of the statistical data analysis tools, such as R/Bioconductor or Python
- Proficiency in common cancer genomics / bioinformatics databases and tools is required.
- GWAS analysis desirable
- Machine learning methods & cloud computing preferred.