This position is looking for an experience Business Development professional with experience building key partnerships in rare diseases/orphan diseases or cell therapy sector, with a strong knowledge of the drug discovery process and good scientific acumen. The position requires good relationship-building skills and the ability to satisfy complex sales processes with multiple stakeholders. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with a degree and existing life science sales experience, where commercial skill and scientific aptitude are essential. The position will be based in the California area, but there may be frequent travel to other US locations.
Roles open for both the east and west coast.
- Identify and qualify prospects in target pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and academic organizations across whole continental USA to meet and surpass sales targets by building long-lasting relationships with key decision makers
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the product and services portfolio of the Company and build a strong knowledge of the of gene editing, genomics, stem cell biology and the preclinical drug discovery process.
- Work cross functionally with the company's scientific team to create detailed proposals that underpins these partnerships.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with client organizations, identify product-market fit within new and existing accounts
- Strong hunter mentality to identify new sales opportunities - pro-actively manage customer pipeline and work directly with the CBO
Qualifications - Experience/Education
- Bachelor's degree in a biological science
- 7+ years of industry experience in technical sales or account management in a life science or drug discovery company
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of cell and molecular biology preferably including CRISPR and molecular bioassays
- Strong scientific knowledge - ability to speak fluently about biological sciences and experience in high-level technical solution selling, particularly in early-stage drug discovery and cell-based assays
- Utilize the customer-relationship management platform to manage a portfolio of emerging business partnerships.
- An in-depth understanding of the pre-clinical pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors and their dynamics
- Extensive experience in selling to biotech & pharmaceutical customers, specifically working in the preclinical drug discovery arena