Title: Associate Scientific Director Medical Scientific Affairs (MSA)
Location: Fully REMOTE
Job Type: Contract to Hire- 6 months Possible for extension till end of year before brought on Permanent (perm role to be onsite in Boston)
The Associate Scientific Director will be a critical individual contributor in an evolving Medical Scientific Affairs (MSA) organization. This role is responsible for driving pull through of complex strategic medical affairs for the client's GI products and is responsible for leading and coordinating medical scientific content development and knowledge integration activities within the company. The ideal candidate will have GI therapeutic area expertise and a record of accomplishment in strategic content development and executing medical affairs strategy.
- Responsible for the GI product medical affairs plans, scientific communication platforms, and overall medical communication strategy.
- Responsible for review and management of sponsorships, CME, grants, investigator-initiated research proposals and other relevant research or educational opportunities pertinent to disease states where the client has strategic interests.
- Works closely with the Publication manager to provide scientific and strategic input to the publication's strategy.
- Work cross functionally to ensure strategic alignment, medical accuracy, evidence-based representation of the GI products in US and partnered regions around all internally and externally facing medical scientific content.
- Ensures that the strategy is clearly defined and consistent with clinical and commercial strategic objectives.
- Works closely with our partners to ensure there is common strategic alignment.
- Identify and foster relationships with leading KOLs and principal investigators, relevant medical societies, and patients' advocacy groups.
- Supports intelligence gathering activities (e.g., advisory boards) pertinent to disease states and therapeutic categories where the client has strategic interest.
- Collaborate as appropriate with clinical, commercial and HEOR from the client and/or external partners for brand planning and content development.
- Serves as primary medical reviewer for Medical Legal Review (MLR) and Medical Review Committee (MRC) for the GI products.
- Develop, coach and mentor medical affairs staff, including Fellow
- MS (life sciences), PhD (life sciences), PharmD or MD
- 5 years pharmaceutical/biotechnical industry with at least 3 years of medical affairs experience.
- GI therapeutic experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix team environment and build solid relationship with partners and commercial organization.
- In depth understanding of drug development and regulations relating to promotional activities and Good Publication Practices
- Record of accomplishment of successful collaboration and relationship building including experience working in co-marketed and/or co-developed assets.
- Record of medical and scientific publications required including creation of scientific exchange content and/or scientific training materials.
- Knowledge of industry standard publication management software.